The Midrange Embedded Controller MEC2 is suitable for industrial use in a critical environment.
The MEC2 is built for rugged work environments and has impressive features.
The controller comes with a fanless Intel Atom processor, extra low power consumption and an industrial temperature range of -20° to +70°.
The device is equipped with four serial and two 1 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces as standard.
The serial interfaces are software configurable as RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 interface.
Compared to the previous model MEC the MEC2 achieves the fivefold performance.
Furthermore, the basic system can be equipped with appropriate MiniPCI Express cards.
The equipment with a wireless GPRS/UMTS cellular modem module incl. antenna and SIM socket is optional.
The IPCOMM hardware systems are delivered with ipLinux, a Linux operating system customized to our applications.
The MEC2 is suitable for mounting on a DIN-rail.
Graphical comparison of IPCOMM gateways with regard to the maximum number of information changes/s at 100% throughput and the maximum number of node variables that can be managed, processed and transmitted.
Gateway Performance Charts
Intel Atom 1.46 GHz processor, fanless
DDRIII RAM, max. 4,096 MByte
- 4 x 9-pin D-SUB male connector RS-232/422/485
- 1 x CompactFlash
- 2 x LAN RJ-45 10/100/1000 Base-T
- 2 x USB
- 1 x 15-pin D-SUB female for VGA
- Software state (CPU-LED)
- Link and activity for LAN interfaces
- Transmit and receive LEDs for RS-232 interfaces (COM 1 to COM 4)
- CompactFlash, Industrial - Grade
- Removable flash card
- SLC NAND
- No moving parts
- Max. 64 GB supported
- Shock: 1,000 G max.
- MTBF ≥ 4,000,000 h
- Bad block scanning/handling
- Wear leveling system
- 2,000,000 write/erase cycles
2g@5-500Hz, amplitude 0.35mm (operation/storage/transport)
Wireless industrial cellular modem (optionally available)
- Wireless GPRS/UMTS cellular modem module incl. antenna and mini SIM socket
- Five Bands UMTS/HSPA+, (WCDMA/FDD) (850/800, 900, 1900 and 2100 MHz), Quad-Band GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- HSDPA Cat. 10 / HSUPA Cat.6 data rates:
DL: max. 14.4 Mbps, UL: max. 5.76 Mbps
- EDGE class 12 data rates:
DL: max. 237 kbps, UL: max. 237 kbps
- GPRS class 12 data rates:
DL: max. 85.6 kbps, UL: max. 85.6 kbps
- Battery bufferd real time clock (RTC)
12 - 24 V DC (± 20 % ) / 15 W max. (depending on the used type)
Aluminum and steel chassis, including clip for mounting on a 35 mm DIN-Rail
Protection class: IP40
Operating temperature:-20° C to 70° C
Storage temperature:-40° C to 85° C
Relative humidity: 5 % to 95 % non-condensing
EU declaration of conformity