The Midrange Embedded Controller MEC2 PROFINET is suitable for industrial use in a critical environment.
The MEC2 PROFINET is built for rugged work environments and shows an impressive performance.
Furthermore, the basic system MEC2 can be equipped with a Profinet IO MiniPCI express card.
The use as Profinet IO server is possible.
The controller comes with a fanless Intel Atom processor, extra low power consumption and an industrial temperature range of -20° to +50°.
The device is equipped with four serial and two 1 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces as standard. The serial interfaces are software configurable as RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 interface.
The IPCOMM hardware systems are delivered with ipLinux, a Linux operating system customized to our applications.
The MEC2 PROFINET is suitable for mounting on a DIN-rail.
Graphical comparison of IPCOMM gateways with regard to the maximum number of information changes/s at 100% throughput and the maximum number of node variables that can be managed, processed and transmitted.
Gateway Performance Charts
Intel Atom 1.46 GHz processor, fanless
DDRIII RAM, max. 4,096 MByte
Standard system I/O outlet
- 4 x 9-pin D-SUB male connector RS-232/422/485
- 1 x CompactFlash
- 2 x LAN RJ-45 10/100/1000 Base-T
- 2 x USB
- 1 x 15-pin D-SUB female for VGA
PROFINET IO system interface*
Master (IO controller) or slave (IO device)
- Max. 128 server (IO device)
- 2 x industrial Ethernet, RJ45 female connector
- Inputs and outputs: max. 1440 Bytes per server
- IO device V3.5.35 – V3.5.x
- Software state (CPU-LED)
- Link and activity for LAN interfaces
- Transmit and receive LEDs for RS-232 interfaces (COM 1 to COM 4)
- PROFINET (SF, BF, LINK, RX/TX)
- CompactFlash, Industrial - Grade
- Removable flash card
- SLC NAND
- No moving parts
- Max. 64 GB supported
- Shock: 1,000 G max.
- MTBF ≥ 4,000,000 h
- Bad Block Scanning/Handling
- Wear-Leveling System
- 2,000,000 write/erase cycles
2g@5-500Hz, amplitude 0.35mm (operation/storage/transport)
- Battery bufferd real time clock (RTC)
12 - 24 V DC (± 20 % ) / 15 W max. (depending on the used type)
Aluminum and steel chassis, including clip for mounting on a 35 mm DIN-Rail
Protection class: IP40
Operating temperature:-20° C to 50° C
Storage temperature:-40° C to 85° C
Relative humidity: 5 % to 95 % non-condensing
*Either a PROFINET interface master or
slave is possible per device!