ip4Cloud/SEC3IO extends ip4Cloud by a device with an I/O module to add the feature of switching and capturing digital states and providing them in IT and cloud environments. In addition to a large number of fieldbus protocols, telecontrol protocols, and established IT/cloud protocols, eight digital inputs and eight digital outputs can be used for recording and reflecting switching states.
ip4Cloud is available in conjunction with the hardware model SEC3IO.
Thanks to numerous interfaces, the device can be easily integrated into individual environments and connected to specialized fieldbus systems.
Thus digital data can be controlled and captured from any devices, switches, counters, or sensors, either selectively or periodically. This data can be used for further analysis and processing in IT and cloud applications.
Joining of different protocols as well as the simultaneous use of multiple connections is feasible with this module. In addition to the raw value of a data point, the attributes quality and time stamp can also be transferred and processed (protocol-dependent).
- Security at the highest level
- Communication between multiple data sources
- Simultaneous use of diverse protocols
- User-defined mapping of information
- Intelligent information processing
- Support of industry-standard protocols
- No programming required
- Secure access to all administrative services (HTTPS, SSH, SFTP)
- Role-based access protection with login and password
- User administration for local users
- Central user administration via Active Directory (LDAP) and/or RADIUS
- Crypto Store for certificate management
- Creation of self-signed certificates and Certificate Signing Requests (CSRs)
- Import and export of certificates
- Configuration of VPN tunnels (OpenVPN and IPsec)
- Safeguarded real-time Linux operating system
- Assigning multiple IP addresses to one physical Ethernet interface
- Network management using an integrated SNMP agent
- NTP based clock synchronization
- HTTPS/SSH/SFTP access
The integrated web server allows configuration and maintenance to be carried out easily, using just a web browser. The most important industrial communication protocols are supported for simple integration. In addition, templates are provided for further simplification.
Central access to all settings and services is provided and all important files/updates are imported via the web interface:
- Firmware (application and operating system)
- Configuration data using Excel spreadsheet (signal table)
- X. 509 certificates
- All data is broken down into separate information (single indications, measured values, counter values, etc.) and processed accordingly. A quality identifier and - if necessary - a time stamp can be associated with each information item.
- Namespace and data model can be changed as desired.
- Powerful functions for data processing such as type conversion, scaling, grouping, etc.
- Data reduction / regulation of bandwidth required on secondary side via update intervals, threshold values, old/new comparison, collective messages, selection of data points, etc.
ip4Cloud/SEC3IO Use Cases
ip4Cloud/SEC3IO records and reflects switching states, serves as a visualization-, monitoring-, logging- and alarm reporting system
and assumes control and regulation tasks.
The digital outputs are controlled by the digital inputs of a second ip4Cloud/SEC3IO.
In this way, switching signals between two locations are transferred.
PING - monitoring of network components to ensure the operational readiness, to log, to visualize and to alert
SNMP - monitoring of network components with visualization and alerting
Reading of network element variables such as routers, switches, servers, printers, etc.
All information of interest can be recorded over a period of several weeks, depending on the amount of data.
Available Protocol Stacks
Simatic Fetch/Write, Master
Compact controller with I/O module for DIN rail mounting